Welcome to First American Bank! It’s our job to make banking easy and convenient for you — and what better way to start our relationship than by offering a simple process for making the switch to First American Bank?
We’ll provide the steps, guidance and forms needed to move your banking from your old institution to your new First American Bank account.
Here’s how it works
- Review your last bank statement. Identify any direct deposits, automatic payments or withdrawals.
- Click on the forms listed below, print, complete and send them to the appropriate recipients. Or if you’d prefer, bring them in and we can help you fill them out!
- Stop by any of our locations and ask to open an account. We want the opportunity to meet you, but this step is also important as Federal law requires we verify your identity. Click here to review our checking account options.
- After confirming that all of your outstanding checks and automatic payments that may yet need to be withdrawn have cleared your old account and that you have successfully converted all of your automated deposits, withdrawals, and payments, mail the completed authorization to close your account to your former financial institution.
- Send written notice to your direct deposit vendors including: payroll, social security, automated payments or dividend deposits.
- Send written notice to vendors who automatically take payments from your checking account including: recurring debit card charges, recurring bills, prescheduled transfers (utilities, insurance companies, Internet service providers, club membership dues, charitable contributions, etc.)
- Online bill payments: You will need the payee name, address, phone number and account number for each of the bills you wish to pay electronically. To save time, you could print your existing payee screen to use as a reference when setting up your First American Bank Bill Pay service.
While we alone can’t make these changes for our customers, we have simplified the process and will partner with you to make your switch problem-free.
You are leaving First American Bank's website
By accessing this link, you will be leaving the First American Bank website and entering in a website hosted by another party. First American Bank has approved this as a reliable third party site, but please be advised that you will no longer be under the protection of, or subject to, the privacy and security policies of First American Bank. First American Bank is not responsible for the third party site's information.