Lost or Stolen Debit Card
If your debit card or personal information is lost or stolen, here are steps to take to protect yourself and your money.
- Contact your local branch to report your card as lost or stolen.
- Outside of our normal business hours, contact our card network provider at 800-383-8000.
- Contact all other card companies right away to report stolen cards.
- Call one of the consumer credit reporting agencies to place a fraud alert on your credit report. You only need to contact one of the three companies to place an alert. The company you call is required to contact the other two, which will place an alert on their versions of your report, too. If you do not receive a confirmation from a company, you should contact that company directly to place a fraud alert.
- Equifax 1-888-766-0008 www.equifax.com
- Experian 1-800-680-7289 www.experian.com
- Trans Union 1-888-397-3742 www.transunion.com
- Call the Social Security Administration's Fraud Line, if anything with your Social Security number on it was taken.
- Social Security Administration Fraud Line 1-800-269-0271
You are leaving First American Bank's website
By accessing this link, you will be leaving the First American Bank website and entering in a website hosted by another party. First American Bank has approved this as a reliable third party site, but please be advised that you will no longer be under the protection of, or subject to, the privacy and security policies of First American Bank. First American Bank is not responsible for the third party site's information.